Monday, July 24, 2006

Update...and Fun with Toddlers...

So remember how I posted that I was going to buy a car? Well. I didn't. I DID go test driving, but the sales guy just wouldn't show me anything in my price range ($15,000. HELLO??? shouldn't have been that hard.) So I left. Which is just sad, since I had every intention of walking away with a car that day. Oh well. The plan now, is to look up in Washington State when E and I visit in August. Everything's cheaper up there anyway. Then my dad will drive it the 15 hours down to my house. My dad's cool.

Now on to fun with toddlers...climbing on kitchen tables. That's fun. Immediately obeying mom when she says "get down". That's fun too...until you lose your balance and fall from the chair and hit your head on another chair on the way down. (Go figure he immediately did what I said...he almost never does it THAT quick.) That part wasn't too fun. There was much screaming. And then? None. He got very quiet. Eerily quiet. He stayed awake until I was done icing the bump...but I couldn't keep him up any longer. So we went to the ER. It was his first trip there and I cried the whole way. He didn't even wake up when I put him in his carseat. Or when I tickeled his feet and pulled on his toes. I was freaking out.

As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, he wakes up and starts talking and pointing, and acting like himself. Then I kind of felt stupid for even bringing him. But we still went in just to be sure that everything was cool. And it was. He actually ended up having a very good day.

It's all fun and games until someone falls of the table.

No comments: