Friday, April 28, 2006

I just don't know...

On Wednesday night, I had a co-worker and her family over for dinner. The purpose of this visit wasn't just a social one. You see, I, in a moment of sheer craziness, agreed to watch her 2 kids for 4 nights while she and her husband go on a cruise to Mexico. And we wanted to see how her kids would deal with staying in a new environment.

I don't know what I was thinking! Her daughter is 2 and a half. And she has a 9 month old son who just learned to crawl...Anyhow, at the dinner I made salmon cakes, steamed asparagus and couscous- which was delicious if I do say so myself. The evening, however quickly turned into one of mayhem. Yes. Mayhem. Ethan was chasing around Bella. Bella was jumping all over us grown ups. Causing Ethan to try and do the same. Jordan was busy trying to crawl and get into things until Ethan (who can't really jump yet) decided that Jordan's head would make a really good step stool. It was fun. But crazy exhausting- and that was with the ratio of one adult to every kid. I just am not sure what I'm gonna do next week.

I figure I'll be late to work every day next week since I have to drop 3 kids off at 3 different places for daycare. I'll probably be twitching a lot and possible falling asleep at my desk. We'll see.

I keep telling her I'm not too worried...And I'm not worried, but I AM convinced I'm crazy. All sorts of crazy....

No comments: